Direct Support Professional
The Altruist Group is looking for Direct Support Professionals (DSP's) to provide individualized, interactive supervision and community based instruction to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in the following area:
Looking for a great opportunity to work for a company that values its employees...currently hiring for openings in Indianapolis:
1. Provide supervision and support to client in desired activities to foster independence and the achievement of their goals
2. Understand and implement the strategies and goals identified in the Individual Support Plan (ISP) which may include goals related to community and volunteer activities, home skills, meal preparation, budget and money management, personal care, and social interaction skills.
3. Record data on the implementation of goals to evaluate progress in accordance with their ISP.
4. Utilize and encourage the use of the client's personal adaptive equipment and/or identified strategies to support them to participate in desired activities.
5. Assist clients with daily personal care tasks in a manner that is respectful and timely to their respective needs.
6. Use personal vehicle to provide transportation to support client in accessing community activities.
7. Facilitate and support networking opportunities for client to encourage inclusion, community engagement and progress toward the achievement of their desired goals.
8. Understand & implement the strategies, and record data, as outlined in the individual's Behavior Support Plans (BSP's).
9. Understand and ensure all health & safety precautions are followed and documented as identified in the individual's Risk Plan(s).
10. Administer medication as prescribed by the person's health care provider and document according to the company's medication administration procedures.
1. Maintain confidential information in accordance with HIPAA & regulatory guidelines.
2. Use cell phone to record work hours accurately and within designated timelines.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Must have and/or develop working knowledge and proficiency in Person Centered Planning and Positive Behavior Supports.
2. Ability to apply general understanding and knowledge to carry out instructions in written, verbal or schedule form.
3. Ability to learn and effectively utilize identified computer software applications to accomplish tasks.
4. Ability to use Basic English grammatical skills to complete daily documentation and write general & routine reports.
5. Must provide own transportation, have valid driver's license, properly registered vehicle, and driving record must meet insurability requirements.
6. Must maintain and provide documentation of auto insurance with minimum $100,000/$300,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage.
7. Must have ability to lift/move/transfer individuals or materials weighing up to 75 lbs. periodically.
8. Must have ability to stand, walk, stoop, and bend frequently.
9. Must have manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials (such as medication, first aid supplies, with meal preparation and household tasks).
10. Must maintain CPR and First Aid certification, and stay current on all other training as defined by Indiana state guidelines, industry accreditation standards and company guidelines.